Week Three Posts

Topic one: The social media PR account that I chose was the Twitter account for Netflix. The reason that I chose this account is because I always here about posts that they make, even though I don't have a Twitter account. From looking at their account it was quickly clear that they're trying to be relatable to the youth and young adults in the world. The first post on their feed is a meme about cants, for example. I think that their target market is definitely those aged 15-30, and I think that they're quite successful. Everyone in that age group that I know uses Netflix. If I were in charge of the marketing for Netflix, I would encourage them to branch out to other social media sites and create the same presence there that they have on Twitter.

Topic two: I have to admit it was a little hard for me to find two ads to compare for the second part of the assignment. The reason for that is this: I hate ads. I pay for Spotify premium, so I don't hear any ads on the radio. I use ad free streaming services like Netflix or Prime video, so I don't see ads on TV. I also use an adblocker extension on chrome. It's pretty safe to say that I'm not exposed to as many ads as I could be. I do have one exception to my ad hating though, and that's the Superbowl commercials.

The ad I chose is from the 2018 Superbowl, and it's for Bud Light. It's funny, light hearted, and brings a certain sense of belonging to the viewer. Because Bud Light had a themed ad campaign all through football season, by the time the Superbowl came around many football fans were so familiar with the "Dilly Dilly!" commercials that it almost felt like an inside joke that was shared by the entire football community. Even the Pittsburgh Steelers had a play named dilly dilly. I think that the target audience for this ad was anyone who had already seen the rest of the Bud Light ads throughout the season. Here's the ad:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Media Product Review: "Sober", by Demi Lovato

Week 5

Week 8